Most dentists get a mention in Time Magazine or instigate jokes from late-night talk show hosts. But a dentist in Alberta Canada is proving to be the exception to the rule. Dr. Michael Zuk netted media attention after shelling out a shocking $30,000 for one of John Lennon’s rotten teeth.
Now he’s making headlines again by paying $10,000 for a dental crown that belonged to the late Elvis Presley, whose birthday falls on January 8.
Some more bizarre news about teeth…
- Teeth whitener became a popular black market item in 2010 thanks to laws in the U.S. that limit the amount of peroxide a whitening product can include. Foreign-made products with more than the legal limit flooded online retailers like eBay and Amazon.
- You may not sell toothpaste and a toothbrush to the same customer on a Sunday in Providence, Rhode Island.
- It’s estimated that Titans running back Chris Johnson’s infamous six gold teeth are valued somewhere in the neighborhood of $8,100 (or $1,350 per tooth).
Your dentist Columbia hopes that one of your New Year’s resolutions for 2014 is to take better care of your health, and that includes your dental health. Good dental care is one thing you must resolve to do, at all times of the year.
Brushing and flossing daily is wonderful, but the dental habits you maintain must remain regular, and involve more than just daily brushing. Have you ever wondered why, after brushing and flossing, you find that your appointment with your dentist Columbia doesn’t always go as well as you had hoped for?
Here are some New Years resolutions from your dentist Columbia regarding your teeth care:
1) Keep a toothbrush and roll of dental floss with you at all times.
2) Floss down as far as you can go.
3) Get to the dentist at least twice a year for a checkup.
4) Watch foods and drinks that stain your teeth.
5) Watch your sugar intake and make up for what you eat with extra attention to your teeth when it’s time to brush.
We look forward to seeing you soon. Why not call our dentist Columbia office today to schedule your first appointment of 2014? Happy New Year!