Dental Implants Placed Right
A dental implant is a porcelain tooth that is placed into your mouth via a titanium post and acts like your own teeth.
Dr. Wych has a great deal of experience and training in full mouth reconstruction and has completed hundreds of cases. He has completed thousands of hours of post-graduate training in prestigious advanced dental institutes and is one of the most qualified dentists in the Columbia area to guide your dental implant treatment.
Dr. Wych has a fellowship ICOI (International Congress OF Oral Implantalogists). He plans the whole process from start to finish to make sure that the results are what is needed. By doing the planning from the beginning, he can visualize the process, which gives a better result than starting at the oral surgeon for the implant post placement.
Dental Implants Look and Feel Like Natural Teeth
A dental implant is a biocompatible, man-made substitute for missing tooth roots. It is usually made of a space-age alloy of titanium. Implants come in various shapes and sizes, chosen to best fit your mouth and jaw. Most are cylinders placed in to bone and allowed to heal undisturbed while bone heals around them, locking them in like an anchor. After a few months, the implants are used as a foundation for replacing the missing teeth.
Dental implants restore lost chewing ability, improve appearance, end embarrassment, and give real self-confidence to patients who need them. Implants replace one, many, or all of your teeth. They are a real breakthrough.
The benefits of Dental Implants
- Dental implants fill unsightly gaps in a smile.
- Dental implants deter the bone loss that will occur when a tooth is lost. The titanium post fuses with the bone, thus preventing it from dissolving.
- Fixed bridges and removable dentures are not the perfect solution to missing teeth and often bring with them a number of other problems.
- When teeth are lost, the bone which held the roots of the teeth starts to dissolve, and so removable dentures may slip or cause sores on the gums.
- Fixed bridges and removable dentures usually need to be replaced every seven to 15 years, compared to an up to 25-year life span for dental implants.
- When you lose teeth, you inevitably lose mass in your jaw. This affects the overall skeletal structure of your face, which not only changes your profile, but also may result in thin lips, drooping muscles, jowls or witch’s chin.
- Spreading bone loss in the jaw also affects the gums and ridges in your mouth, as well as the muscles and nerves in and around the mouth.
These conditions may only be avoided through use of dental implants, because implants may halt and even reverse the bone loss that results from losing teeth.
Dr. Wych strongly recommends the use of dental implants wherever appropriate. They are fixed and permanent, and don’t require replacements.
Are you a candidate for Dental Implants?
The ideal candidate for a dental implant is in good general and oral health. Adequate bone in your jaw is needed to support the implant. Some people who have lost bone in their jaw can still get implants, but the bone must first be rebuilt using special bone-grafting procedures.
People who are not good candidates for dental implants include:
- Young patients whose jawbones have not fully developed.
- Pregnant women.
- People with existing medical conditions. If you can have routine dental treatment, you can generally have an implant placed. While precautions are advisable for certain conditions, patients with such chronic diseases as high blood pressure and diabetes are usually successful candidates for dental implant treatment.
- Patients who take certain medications such as steroids or drugs that suppress the immune system.
You’re Invited To…
Dr. Gregory Wych’s Implant Seminar
If you are suffering from ill-fitting dentures, broken or missing teeth and want a healthy, stable smile – which can make you look up to 10 years younger, please join us at our seminar, to learn about Dental Implants and all the options available for a totally natural replacement for tooth loss.
Date: Tuesday July 31st 2018
Location: 7505 St Andrews Road, Irmo SC., 29063
Time: 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm
Space is limited to 20 people so please
RSVP to The Art of Dentistry at 803-781-1600
Our experienced dental staff work hard to ensure you receive the best care and treatment that any cosmetic dentist Columbia SC has to offer. Irmo Dentists Columbia SC are trained in every area of dentistry and take every care to provide a comforting service.
Our dental services are extensive and exceptional which include dental implants, teeth whitening, wisdom teeth removal, dental veneers, Invisalign technology and painless dentistry to ensure we are the most professional and caring general and cosmetic dentistry in Irmo and Columbia SC.
Dr. Greg Wych’s Dental office in Columbia SC team prides itself on exceptional customer care. Visit our Dentist at Irmo SC today and see how we are making the city smile! See the difference, feel the difference.
A Great Smile
In Half the Time!
New Patient Special Offer Only $89!
Exam, X-Rays ($245 value) & Consultation