Living in Columbia SC is great and while living there you will need to make sure that you see a dentist at least twice a year. The risk for tooth loss is great and you will need to make sure that you do things to prevent tooth loss and having to go to the dentist more in Columbia SC.
There are many risk factors for tooth loss and the following are 9 risk factors that make you more at risk for tooth loss and tooth problems.
- Being Older than 35. Once you reach an age past the age of 35 you are more at risk for getting tooth decay and many other tooth problems.
- Male. If you are a male you are at more risk to have tooth problems in the future.
- Dental Care. Never seeing a dentist in your life can lead to problems with your teeth and increase the risk of tooth loss.
- Toothbrush. Never using a toothbrush to brush your teeth or never brushing your teeth can lead to extreme tooth loss as germs are just left on your teeth.
- Smoking, both current and past smoking can cause tooth loss and decay.
- Diabetes. Having diabetes puts you at more risk of having problems with tooth loss.
- High blood pressure. Having high blood pressure also puts you at having a higher risk of dealing with tooth loss.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis can lead to tooth loss and very quickly if not treated promptly.
- Front teeth. Your front teeth are at more risk for loss due to gum diseases.
Of course factors such as health problems age and your sex will not change but things like brushing your teeth and seeing a dentist regularly will help to make sure that you do not have any tooth loss or minimal tooth loss.
|Reasons and Consequences of Tooth Loss|
The leading cause for tooth loss is gum or periodontal disease. This can lead to many infections as well as the teeth rotting or becoming very loose. Smoking is also a high cause of tooth loss. Other factors including not taking care of the teeth and not using preventive measures may also lead to tooth loss. In some cases medications may also lead to tooth loss. Unfortunately tooth loss can cause many problems including infections. Infections if not treated quickly can lead to problems with other parts of the body. Losing your teeth can also make it harder to chew foods and also in the end you may wind up with the expense of having to purchase dentures.
If you are in Columbia SC and want to make sure that you do not have any tooth loss or any future tooth loss look for a dentist today that can help you keep your teeth.